Ir al contenido principal

free topic: mad men

 

Hello everyone

Today I'm going to talk about a series called Mad Men.

This was a 7 season series, it is available on Amazon Prime Video.

I have wanted to see it for a long time, mainly because of the favorable reviews it has and because of its aesthetics. That typical "gringo" atmosphere of the mid-twentieth century catches my attention.

So during winter break this year I started to watch it, and I finished it at the end of it. Considering its 92 episodes of roughly 45 minutes each, it was quite a challenge.

In itself, the series is mainly about the stories derived from its protagonists, Don Draper and Peggy Olson, who work in an advertising company located on Madison Street in New York.

It is shocking how that society, in a sense, was oblivious to the consequences of its actions, for example, the number of cigarettes the characters smoke or normalized alcoholism.

Furthermore, given the context, the gender-based violence that women received is shocking, illustrated very precisely by the stories.

Finally, it is a series that I recommend, without a doubt, it is among my favorites and probably in a few years I will see it again, enjoying each episode.

 



 

Comentarios